What makes our developments special?
Building structures fashioned from concrete and
steel, with exteriors of brick and stone.
Outstanding Construction Quality
Benefits of Brick
For centuries, homes all over the world have been built with brick, and no other building material can match the warmth, elegance and lasting beauty that brick imparts to a home. The exterior skin of all of our high-end buildings is made of brick (often with stone detailing) for a very good reason—it is the ideal building material for our Northwest climate. Consider the following:
- Brick stands the test of time in both durability and beauty, and is one of the strongest materials available for the skin of a building;
- It needs no protection from the elements—in fact, it is an outstanding barrier to winddriven rain, hail and snow;
- Brick is also one of the most energy efficient building materials—its inherent mass helps keep a home cooler in summer and warmer in winter;
- Unlike thinner siding materials, brick's aesthetic appearance actually improves with age;
- Brick never needs painting, staining or caulking, and seldom needs cleaning—saving thousands of dollars over the life of a home;
- Due to its density, brick also greatly reduces noise transmission;
- Brick won't corrode, rust, dent or scratch; it won't warp, peel, rot or fade, and it cannot be eaten by animals or insects;
- It is, of course, completely fireproof, and won't buckle, melt or produce toxic gases when exposed to high heat;
- Finally, brick homes traditionally appreciate faster and command higher prices than similar homes without brick, and often have lower insurance premiums.